: T2 SDE :

T2 IRC Log: 2004-12-15

This is the log as captured by an IRC bot in the channel. The statements are those of the individual people and might not neccessarily reflect the policy and legal rules as set forth by the T2 SDE Project.

« prev | next »

--- Log opened Wed Dec 15 00:00:26 2004
00:10 < mnemoc> it seems tinyldap doesn't build without diet
00:14 < rxr> ;-)
00:15 < mnemoc> at least it asked for many "not found here" headers
00:19 < rxr> http://ec-outpost.dyndns.org/slow-expose.tiff
00:19 < rxr> ^- Apple's expose starts to become slow with this many windows open ...
00:20 < rxr> espose is some zoom windows around to select the one you wanna focus and so on ...
00:20 < rxr> well - I guess all the off screen pixmaps do not fit into my iBooks 32MB Radeon Mobility anymore ...
00:24 < mnemoc> i would love to have such a big display :(
00:25 < rxr> this is a zoom
00:25 < rxr> the display is only 1024x768 ...
00:25 < mnemoc> oh
00:25 < rxr> osx has no virtual desktops as other Unixes e.g. Linux ...
00:26 < rxr> historically you just hat to alt-tab or whatever click around to get to your window
00:26 < rxr> with this new expose - introduced in 10.3, most recent release of OSX - you can danamivally zoom around in your desktop to search for you applicaation
00:26 < rxr> default config is:
00:27 < rxr> F11: smooth move all the applications ouf from the desktop to reach the desktop
00:27 -!- martin_ [~martin@brln-d9ba094b.pool.mediaWays.net] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
00:28 < rxr> F10: smoth move and zoom all instances of the currently active application to fit non-overlapped to the scren - leave all the other aps where they are but darken them
00:28 < rxr> F9: smooth zoom all windows to fit non-overlapped on screen
00:28 < rxr> this is what my screenshot is ...
00:28 < rxr> you can conigure the keybindings of course and even bind the activation to screen corners to be activated with the mouse cursor
00:32 < rxr> http://ec-outpost.dyndns.org/expose.tiff
00:32 < rxr> ^- this is the F10, all instances of active applicationmode
00:33 * mnemoc fetching
00:33 < rxr> take a look at the size of the top window menu bar as well as the button dock - to guess the native resolution and how the windows are zoomed ...
00:33 < rxr> the screenshots are pixel accurate ... 1:1 shots ...
00:33 < mnemoc> OT: do you think you can create mozilla-libs?
00:34 < mnemoc> aha
00:34 < rxr> anything is possible - the question is just how hard it will be ...
00:34 < rxr> I would really love to have this in T2 ...
00:34 < mnemoc> after a deep look into mozilla sources i doubted
00:36 < rxr> I can imagine that it might become quite hard to hack this together ...
00:36 < mnemoc> brb
00:36 < rxr> http://ec-outpost.dyndns.org/slow-expose.tiff
00:36 < rxr> damn
00:37 < rxr> http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/expose/
00:37 < rxr> oh a new day - I can mention that I hate explicit selection copy ...
00:37 < mnemoc> i guess we may need to improve the build kit to support something like pkgsplit
00:37 < rxr> ^- and this is the PR site for expose ...
00:38 < rxr> well pkgslit is ugly - you do not want it ...
00:38 < rxr> really ...
00:39 * mnemoc loves "bookmark all" of firefox :)
00:39 < mnemoc> brb
00:39 < rxr> momn
00:39 < rxr> e.g. you can not rebuild the split half or so ... - and this is what you often want ...
00:39 < rxr> e.g. just build mozilla-lib ...
00:40 < rxr> and with pkgfork and this perl meta build cruft you get an extreme compelx divergent system noone wants and can maintain..
00:40 < rxr> when we want s.th. like that we need to ingerate something really thought out into the toolkit that does not cause so much divergation
00:40 < rxr> mnemoc: what does bookmark all do ?
00:42 < rxr> bookmark all open tabs?
00:49 -!- sparc-kly|U2 [~mubex@64.237.130.173] has joined #t2
00:49 < sparc-kly|U2> Linux sparc 2.4.27-sparc-r3 #1 SMP Sun Nov 14 19:05:09 GMT 2004 sparc64 sun4u TI UltraSparc I (SpitFire) GNU/Linux
00:49 < sparc-kly|U2> :D
00:49 * sparc-kly|U2 need new kernel LOL
00:50 < rxr> I need to messure the current drawn by the IBM R6/6000 and the SUN Ultra5 - if the U5 does consume less power I'll resetup it as primary router here ...
00:52 < sparc-kly|U2> U5 is nice for my rooom . i planned buy one 360mhz and 256mb ram. U2 is noice machine.
00:52 < sparc-kly|U2> noise*
00:52 < rxr> today they read out the consumed electricity counter "whatever it is correctly named in english" and although I think I'll not have to pay much extra due to unestimated consumption I think I can optimize my 24x7 runnin rs6k away ...
00:52 < rxr> hm - or I should use an PowerPC embedded board for it ...
00:53 < rxr> that would save imense ammounts of electricity and so environment and money
00:53 < sparc-kly|U2> hehehe .
00:54 < sparc-kly|U2> i need save energy
00:54 < daja77> .oO (pkgsplit is ugly, because it is ugly)
00:54 < sparc-kly|U2> i have 5 workstations 24hr 7 days :S
00:55 < rxr> daja77: nonsense
00:55 < sparc-kly|U2> in my house LOL
00:55 < rxr> daja77: I wrote because it does not allow re-building half of it ...
00:55 < rxr> or whatever tiny portion it is split into ..
00:55 < daja77> what do you mean
00:55 < daja77> oh ic
00:56 < rxr> and I said all of the three rock additions as a whole do create a lot divergence in the build kit increasing complexity unnecessarily
00:56 < rxr> rock as it was hard enough to bring to people
00:56 < rxr> with all the 2.1 stuff it is even more a big big complex thing
00:57 < daja77> well it should not only be a build kit but a distribution too, that's waht most people need
00:58 < rxr> and take a look to the crystal thing - it is not different from a static package preselection template - just that it got added to the packages
00:58 < daja77> i like the splits for livecd target, but you can still just switch that off
00:58 < rxr> well s.th. like splits are nice not only for the live CD, but also for end-user installations
00:59 < rxr> if it would only be for the live-cd one could still add static postprocessing to the pack-the-cd script ...
00:59 < rxr> what you really want is to do this on workstations or servers:
00:59 < rxr> Emerge-Pkg x11-libs
00:59 < rxr> Emerge-Pkg mozilla-libs
00:59 < rxr> or so
00:59 < rxr> and this is not possible
01:00 < rxr> for the CD you do not really need that, in this case simple post-processing is always possible
01:00 < rxr> but I have no time for discussion - but some project to finish until the deadline - and we will be overdue ...
01:00 < daja77> you could filter that out anyway, right, still nice to have it
01:01 < daja77> well the crystal idea is not really clear for me, will check taht out later
01:01 < daja77> good luck with the drivers
01:01 < rxr> well - a real solution would be even more nice to have for real use
01:01 < rxr> daja77: the crystal is just a mark for core packages
01:02 < rxr> in the [F] tag ...
01:02 < rxr> it is used, in ROCK, to build a defined core system
01:02 < daja77> i know that, but i don't need just a core system
01:02 < rxr> however crsystal is defined as minimal desktop system so the "core" includes, qt, kdelibs, kdebase, mplayer and so on
01:03 < rxr> and what I really do not liek is that the packages are clobbered with this "special target"
01:03 < rxr> this was what targets are for - do custom stuff aside from the pacakges
01:03 < rxr> and the crystal flag in fact is jsut a package preselection that would have better ben left as such
01:03 < daja77> it shall be the official supported distro , so the target might be ok, but we need mor ethan that
01:04 < rxr> aside from the fact that clifford defined the base as minimal system - which it is not anymore today ...
01:04 < daja77> have some time after christmas to talk about that
01:04 < daja77> no it should not be minimal
01:05 < daja77> or not in the way minimal is really meant
01:05 < rxr> now this makes a big part why I left ROCK, all the recent stuff is neither thought out, nor discusses, nor KISS
01:06 * daja77 playing with livecd target for clt
01:06 * daja77 don't want to use knoppix again
01:06 < rxr> yeah - much fun ;-)
01:07 < rxr> you do not accidently want to use T2 ?
01:07 < daja77> thx :)
01:07 < rxr> maybe you could just accidently misname your checkout - you might not even notice - aside that T2 actually compiles *g*
01:07 < daja77> perhaps, hey i am still here, but the livecd thing got quite a lot of useful stuff in rock for now
01:10 < daja77> perhaps you'll like my rock-theme package, or you can rant about ;)
01:10 < rxr> I have not noticed it so far - I do not look into any rock bit - I only try to keep the big picture ...
01:10 < rxr> to know what to do better ;-)
01:10 < rxr> and what to avoid *g*
01:11 < daja77> haven't uploaded any patches so far
01:11 < daja77> wanted to test on livecd, which i can't create because crystal lacks cdrtools ...
01:14 < rxr> hehehe:
01:14 < rxr> Are you really using libc CVS head or that damn (alleged) glibc-2.3.3 tar?
01:14 < rxr> From: sjmunroe@us.ibm.com
01:14 < rxr> Are you really using libc CVS head or that damn (alleged) glibc-2.3.3 tar?
01:15 < rxr> damn - damn - damn osx cut'n pasting ...
01:15 < daja77> that damn ...
01:16 < rxr> very nice that glibc people already make nasty comments about non existing or unofficial glibc versioned tarballs ..
01:16 < rxr> as well as laming each other *g*
01:17 < rxr> with the release style and ullrich drepper this is no wonder
01:17 < daja77> yeah this sucks
01:17 < daja77> have read his commit msgs?
01:17 < rxr> no - but the moroning comment style on libc-alpha ...
01:18 < rxr> "everyone sucks but me" - Ulrich Drepper ....
01:18 * daja77 once tried to figure out if some hppa related features are in glibc-cvs, all messages were: update
01:18 < daja77> *gna*
01:19 < daja77> the only reasonable commit msgs were from other people ...
01:20 < daja77> ok some messages only contained a .
01:21 < rxr> ah ;-)
01:22 < daja77> i really needed some minutes to realize it is really true ...
01:26 < daja77> just for the fun, i paste this here too
01:26 < daja77> http://www-user.tu-chemnitz.de/~jahre/pearl-no-space-left.png
01:30 < mnemoc> re
01:30 < mnemoc> rxr: yes, it bookmark all the tab in one folder
01:31 < mnemoc> hi daja77
01:31 < rxr> rehi mnemoc
01:31 < rxr> I'm off into bed - to get into a more normal sleep cycle one day
01:31 < mnemoc> you are right shifting it?
01:31 < rxr> cu all
01:32 < rxr> yes, my body does not like the current cycle - it does awke up so hardly ...
01:32 < rxr> so - cu hopefully a bit earlier then usual ...
01:33 < mnemoc> go now
01:58 -!- sparc-kly|U2 [~mubex@64.237.130.173] has quit ["Lost terminal"]
02:06 -!- sparc-kly [~sparc@64.237.130.173] has quit ["Leaving"]
03:06 -!- sparc-kly [~mubex@64.237.130.173] has joined #t2
03:48 -!- sparc-kly [~mubex@64.237.130.173] has quit ["Leaving"]
09:32 -!- rxr_ [~rene@p83.129.27.55.tisdip.tiscali.de] has joined #t2
09:32 -!- Topic for #t2: T2 | The system development environment | GNU Auto* considered harmful
09:32 -!- Topic set by rxr [] [Fri Dec 10 03:06:40 2004]
09:32 [Users #t2]
09:32 [ _Ragnar_] [ daja77] [ mnemoc ] [ nzg] [ rxr_ ]
09:32 [ CIA-9 ] [ jsaw ] [ nullslack] [ rxr] [ valentin]
09:32 -!- Irssi: #t2: Total of 10 nicks [0 ops, 0 halfops, 0 voices, 10 normal]
09:32 -!- Channel #t2 created Sun Aug 8 21:15:33 2004
09:33 -!- Irssi: Join to #t2 was synced in 16 secs
09:49 -!- rxr [~rene@p213.54.218.157.tisdip.tiscali.de] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
10:09 -!- rxr [~rene@p213.54.215.21.tisdip.tiscali.de] has joined #t2
10:09 -!- Topic for #t2: T2 | The system development environment | GNU Auto* considered harmful
10:09 -!- Topic set by rxr [] [Fri Dec 10 03:06:40 2004]
10:09 [Users #t2]
10:09 [ _Ragnar_] [ daja77] [ mnemoc ] [ nzg] [ rxr_ ]
10:09 [ CIA-9 ] [ jsaw ] [ nullslack] [ rxr] [ valentin]
10:09 -!- Irssi: #t2: Total of 10 nicks [0 ops, 0 halfops, 0 voices, 10 normal]
10:09 -!- Channel #t2 created Sun Aug 8 21:15:33 2004
10:10 -!- Irssi: Join to #t2 was synced in 11 secs
10:14 -!- rxr_ [~rene@p83.129.27.55.tisdip.tiscali.de] has quit [Read error: 54 (Connection reset by peer)]
10:57 < rxr> moin
12:22 < rxr> 11:17 < rxr> damn - the german railway site does not work in apple's safari ...
12:22 < rxr> 11:17 < rxr> the last time I tried it did in konqueror ....
12:22 < rxr> 11:29 < rxr> new TLDs: .mobi ???? why the hell did they ripped the trailing l ?
12:22 < rxr> 11:29 < rxr> .mobi is that ugly ...
12:22 < rxr> 11:34 < rxr> hm - the http://shoutcast.com/ streams are much better than the
12:22 < rxr> custom ones on some stations ...
12:22 < rxr> 11:34 < rxr> not that much noise and artifacts ...
12:22 < rxr> 11:35 < rxr> or even as the ones included in iTunes - bah
12:22 < rxr> 11:58 < rxr> http://www.hup.hu/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=7254
12:22 < rxr> 11:58 < rxr> interesting how ungraphical the slowlaris^WSolaris installation is
12:24 < daja77> there are several people who i can get to 180 degree and more, when starting to talk about solaris ...
12:24 < rxr> because they like it so much?
12:25 < daja77> yes ...
12:25 < rxr> ouch
12:25 < daja77> we got a new machine, where the solaris cd, which was shipped with the machine, did not even boot
12:26 < daja77> the debian cd did ...
12:27 < daja77> the guy who worked on that needed more than three weeks to get solaris use all the hds in that box ...
12:27 < daja77> so yes they "like" it
12:27 < rxr> the shoutcast streams are really in quality one can listen to - not this predefined iTunes station junk I ruin my ear with ...
12:29 < rxr> oh - after 2 days in OSX Linux feels soooo good ;-)
12:30 < daja77> hehe
12:31 < daja77> yeah that's the solaris way, firing up X to have a console based installer in xterm
12:33 < daja77> the sun java[tm] desktop looks , like a gnoem with default theme and replaced background ...
12:40 < rxr> damn - I start to hit apple-c and apple-v in linux ...
12:58 < mnemoc> moin
12:58 < rxr> moin mnemoc
13:00 < mnemoc> moin rxr, daja77
13:06 < rxr> http://ogg.frequence3.net:19000/frequence3.ogg
13:06 < rxr> and even:
13:06 < rxr> http://stream.ipv6.frequence3.net:19000/frequence3.ogg
13:08 < rxr> but the .ogg has a lower bitrate and sounds not as good as the 128kB/s mp3 ...
13:08 < rxr> ok - so me back to osx - and breakfast
13:16 < daja77> hi mnemoc
14:49 -!- c4y0 [~c4y0@200.75.68.67] has joined #t2
14:49 < c4y0> hi =)
14:54 < rxr> hi c4y0
14:56 < mnemoc> hi c4y0
15:04 -!- c4y0 [~c4y0@200.75.68.67] has quit ["BitchX-1.0c20cvs -- just do it."]
15:21 < rxr> :-(
15:30 -!- madtux [~mike@200.91.101.100] has joined #t2
15:30 < madtux> hello
15:30 < mnemoc> hullo
15:31 < madtux> oi mnemoc
15:32 < rxr> hi madtux
15:33 < madtux> hello rene
15:33 < madtux> :)
15:36 < madtux> mm... no updates to the trunk since last night
15:36 * mnemoc hides
15:36 < mnemoc> i'm resyncing my trees into svk
15:36 < madtux> well i haven't submit any patches
15:37 < madtux> still i think i'm the only one here that doesn't have svn rw access
15:37 < mnemoc> can you publish them too this time if you don't want to commit the directly?
15:37 < madtux> mnemoc: i have not patches to send
15:37 < madtux> but i'm working on changing this
16:51 < rxr> madtux: could you send a apache password hash over?
16:51 < rxr> I would inject it then ...
16:53 < mnemoc> :D
16:53 < rxr> :D
16:54 < rxr> I start to like this french radio station
16:54 < rxr> often quite cool music for the background ambiente while hacking and such ...
16:55 < rxr> I should finally setup my living room music station using my old 633Mhz Celeron laptop board and the unfunctional 42" JVS CD player chassi from my borther as mechanical base ..
16:55 < mnemoc> elevator music?
16:55 < madtux> rxr: query or email?
16:56 < rxr> no - normal pop, rock, alterntive mail ..
16:56 < madtux> damn mnemoc !
16:56 < rxr> madtux: either way is fine ...
16:56 < madtux> rxr: see query
16:56 < rxr> madtux: you could perform the updates I posted yesterday ..
16:56 < mnemoc> madtux: what did i do?
16:56 < rxr> gnomemetting and such ... ;-)
16:56 < mnemoc> hehe
16:57 < madtux> updates you posted? i did not see them..
16:57 < rxr> but with test before - please, gnomemeeting might be hacky to fixup after update ...
16:58 < madtux> i got several updates to test atm.. i'll add them to the test queue i guess
16:59 < mnemoc> rxr: have you thought about copyright headers?
16:59 < rxr> .oO
16:59 < rxr> yes, just no time to implement it ...
16:59 < rxr> I set it to the queue for tonight - after I did some more TWAIN hacking ...
17:00 < madtux> rxr: lets get it back to him
17:00 < madtux> mnemoc: have u packet svk for t2 yet?
17:00 * mnemoc kicks madtux
17:00 < rxr> *lol*
17:00 < rxr> nah - I do the copyright header stuff - no problem
17:00 < madtux> why are u kicking me?! is just an inocent and polite question
17:00 < rxr> btw. we might like to tag the current state as -beta
17:00 < rxr> shoudl I do so?
17:01 * madtux acks
17:01 < rxr> madtux: btw, thanks for the xmas mail ;-)
17:01 < madtux> rxr: ah np :)
17:01 < madtux> rxr: xmas is probably the only time in the year where i have the initiative to send my friends personal emails
17:02 < madtux> :)
17:02 < mnemoc> rxr: is a tag just an svn cp ?
17:02 < madtux> rtfm
17:02 < mnemoc> :(
17:02 * madtux hides quickly
17:03 * mnemoc too tired to run
17:03 < madtux> mnemoc: i'm teasing, i don't know much about svn myself either
17:03 < rxr> mnemoc: yes
17:03 < rxr> I have a cool script for that ;-)
17:04 < rxr> http://svn.exactcode.de/svn-utils/trunk/Tag.sh
17:04 < rxr> I hope this is the recent incarnation
17:04 < rxr> I'm in osx - and maybe I have some wc modifications on my linux side ...
17:05 < rxr> but it is just a convienience
17:05 < rxr> wrapper, anyway
17:07 < rxr> mnemoc: should I tag and release it later this evening?
17:07 * rxr back in some minutes when I finished the newspaper article ..
17:09 < mnemoc> rxr: do you plan to release a t2-2.1-beta1.tar.bz2 ?
17:10 < mnemoc> rxr: i wanted to disable cluster builds and cross-builds before tagging
17:16 < rxr> re
17:17 < rxr> cross builds?
17:17 < rxr> they work - in the range they worked the last years ...
17:17 < rxr> and - yes, we have tarballs ..
17:17 < rxr> http://dl.exactcode.de/t2/
17:18 -!- rxr changed the topic of #t2 to: T2 | The system development environment | http://www.exactcode.de/t2
17:18 < mnemoc> ok, only cluster-builds
17:18 < rxr> ok - I do and tag it ...
17:21 < rxr> mnemoc: you wanted 2.1-stable this year
17:21 < rxr> is this still your goal?
17:23 < mnemoc> that would be great, but i think before 2.0 first aniversary may be ok
17:23 < mnemoc> OT: you haven't answered my nasty mail :(
17:24 < rxr> mnemoc: I'm out of time hanging too much around in osx ...
17:24 < CIA-9> rene * r5075 /trunk/scripts/config.in:
17:24 < CIA-9> * disabled cluster builds as they are quite untested and very
17:24 < CIA-9> inefficient with the ROCK Linux introduced src.* directory hosting
17:24 < CIA-9> inside the NFS mounted build/.../ROCK^WTOOLCHAIN directory
17:24 < CIA-9> (will be obsoleted with distcc building in 2.2)
17:25 < mnemoc> =)
17:27 < CIA-9> rene * r5076 /tags/2.1.0-beta/: * tagged 2.1.0-beta
17:27 < madtux> WEEEEEEEEE!
17:27 < madtux> mnemoc: when will u release stable?
17:27 < mnemoc> me?
17:27 < madtux> mnemoc: fix this, fix that, blablabla
17:27 < mnemoc> i have not been confirmed?
17:27 < mnemoc> s/\?/!/
17:27 < madtux> mnemoc: you are the only one that doubs ur possition
17:28 < madtux> we all consider you the stable maintainer
17:28 < mnemoc> you doubt of your developer possition too :)
17:28 < madtux> are u willing to see an announce email or so?
17:28 < madtux> rxr: ?
17:28 < CIA-9> rene * r5077 /trunk/scripts/parse-config: * version bump to 2.1.0-beta2
17:28 < madtux> mnemoc: well i think i can consider myself a dev now
17:29 < mnemoc> =)
17:29 < mnemoc> will you tar it or may i push it somewhere?
17:30 < rxr> mnemoc: I already posted the url where the release tarballs lie
17:30 < madtux> ok wait.. i'm lost
17:30 < rxr> what this as release name "Today is gonna be the day"
17:30 < madtux> dev trunk will still be just trunk right?
17:31 < rxr> yes trunk will always be development playground
17:31 < mnemoc> rxr: can i write?
17:31 < madtux> good
17:31 < rxr> mnemoc: the release announcement?
17:31 < mnemoc> outch
17:31 < madtux> rxr: so just so its all cleared.. is mnemoc the OFICIAL stable maintainer?
17:32 < rxr> yes
17:32 < madtux> mnemoc: what are u waiting for? announce the release
17:32 < madtux> fix this, fix that, fix this too.. fix fix fix.. blablablabla
17:32 < madtux> :)
17:32 < mnemoc> sure
17:33 < mnemoc> "Today is gonna be the day" -> 2.1.0 or 2.1-beta1 ?
17:33 < madtux> rxr: so u and i would be kind of mm.. mnemoc's nightmare now?
17:33 < madtux> :)
17:33 < mnemoc> no, you will be my right hand :)
17:34 < mnemoc> and me yours
17:34 < mnemoc> :D
17:34 < rxr> mnemoc: no idea - this just came to my mind - I meant it for -beta
17:35 < rxr> but if you like it so much for use for -final you are free to back it up ... ;-)
17:35 < mnemoc> i'm not good seting names :)
17:35 < rxr> ok - use it for -beta ;-) I'll imagine a new for -final ...
17:36 < rxr> mnemoc: so you are going to write up the release announcement?
17:36 < rxr> if you please use one from me as template to it has some common look and feel ....
17:36 < rxr> wait some minutes with the announcement - I first tar the release up and reply to your mail ...
17:37 < mnemoc> i don't know what to write on the announcement :(
17:37 < rxr> should I do it ?
17:37 < madtux> rxr: send him a template of an old announcement
17:37 < madtux> let the boy learn
17:37 < mnemoc> i may have ]beta1,beta2] to think what to write :)
17:38 < madtux> as said before let rxr send u template from a release that he has made previously so u can have an idea
17:39 < madtux> u will eaily be able to make ur own announcement from it
17:39 < mnemoc> outch
17:39 < mnemoc> rxr: what about freshmeat?
17:39 < rxr> do you want to take that over?
17:39 < madtux> my personal opinion of course
17:40 < mnemoc> madtux: :) i can't be self proclamed :)
17:40 < mnemoc> rxr: sure, no problem
17:41 < madtux> mnemoc: ok only YOU think u are not the official maintainer ah well.. rxr will decide what to do :)
17:41 < rxr> have you en freshmeat account ?
17:41 < mnemoc> mnemoc
17:41 < mnemoc> 29014 28799 0:20.07 28.1 89.5 19 0 R 1077m 635m 442m 0 /usr/bin/perl -w /usr/bin/svk up -s -m
17:41 < mnemoc> uhm
17:50 < mnemoc> LOL linux24 is '[M] unmaintained' on 2.0 :)
17:50 < rxr> mom
17:50 < rxr> he he
17:50 < rxr> me phonin
17:50 < rxr> g
17:50 < rxr> commercial stuff
17:51 < mnemoc> $$$$$$$
17:51 < madtux> yeah make money we want some pr materials of t2 and exactcode :)
17:51 < madtux> tshirts mugs and so
17:51 < madtux> :)
17:52 < rxr> no
17:52 < madtux> please?
17:52 < mnemoc> shipit.exactcode.de :)
17:56 < madtux> i look forward to see us having something like this someday
17:56 < madtux> http://www.gentoo.org/news/en/gwn/current.xml
17:58 < mnemoc> a newletter?
18:02 < rxr> sill phoning
18:03 < rxr> no to big money: no big money yet
18:18 < rxr> damn - legthy calls ..
18:18 < rxr> so back
18:19 < rxr> and calling again
18:19 < rxr> well - damn adobe
18:19 < madtux> sounds like u are having fun
18:20 < rxr> well - partially
18:27 < rxr> http://dl.exactcode.de/t2/t2-2.1.0-beta.tar.bz2
18:29 < rxr> mnemoc: I added you to the admins of t2 on freshmaet
18:30 < rxr> http://freshmeat.net
18:30 < rxr> even
18:31 < rxr> mnemoc: you add the freshmeat release ?
18:31 < mnemoc> can i?
18:31 < mnemoc> ok
18:31 < mnemoc> new branch?
18:31 < rxr> the mnemoc I just added you
18:31 < rxr> no
18:31 < rxr> keep the default brunch - since this is the stable tree right now ...
18:31 < mnemoc> ok
18:31 < rxr> so far I do not need to add a second branch
18:32 < rxr> s/brunch/branch/
18:32 < mnemoc> changelog still at rl-consulting?
18:32 < rxr> what?
18:32 < rxr> oh - no
18:32 < rxr> I update this general URLs
18:33 < rxr> done
18:33 < mnemoc> do i wait for the announcement? :)
18:34 < rxr> you can start editing it or so
18:34 < rxr> it sill take some time for the freshmeat crew to review the submission anyway
18:34 < rxr> I now write the list announcement - it will be read in 5 minutes or so - so you can cut'n paste stuff from it ...
18:35 < mnemoc> minor feature update?
18:36 < rxr> well - it is quite more than a minor feature update - but the freshmaet categories never fit for me in this regard
18:37 < mnemoc> major doesn't fit neither :\
18:39 < rxr> select something randomly - this is what I always did over there.
18:40 < mnemoc> and a doubt, is it a release or a branch update?
18:49 < mnemoc> release sounds fine
19:27 -!- CIA-9 [~CIA@to.je.spocco.com] has quit [Remote closed the connection]
19:32 < rxr> yes
19:32 < rxr> mnemoc: sorry no release mail yet
19:33 < rxr> just answer other ones
19:38 -!- CIA-9 [~CIA@to.je.spocco.com] has joined #t2
20:19 < rxr> mnemoc: ran
20:19 < rxr> mnemoc: announcement sent ...
20:19 < rxr> mnemoc: do you do the freshmeat announcement ?
20:19 < rxr> use my last ROCK freshmeat announcement as example
20:20 < rxr> list some updates and that the build system got updates and such ...
20:20 < rxr> I typically scroll over the changelog and pick the most interesting things ...
20:20 < rxr> for the next releases I plan to write my "changelog into one sentence" summary script
20:21 < rxr> I seem to have lost it - I tried to find it on my boxes for 15 minutes ...
20:23 * rxr shortly away
20:25 < rxr> cu
20:28 < mnemoc> re
20:28 < mnemoc> i'll send it
21:14 < madtux> ok i have over 100 updates on my testing list.. i think i will standby with the others for now.
21:28 < mnemoc> madtux: did you send rene your hash?
21:29 < madtux> mnemoc: no need to i will have the stable maintainer apply the patches
21:31 < madtux> but i will probably hold up this stuff till monday so he can process around 200 updates + selinux additional things, plus router target fixes + t2 src re-organization things + plus some src text re-editions
21:31 < madtux> he should have fun
21:31 < mnemoc> the stable maintainer will check them, but i trust you in appling :)
21:31 < madtux> ah wait you are the stable maintainer, _YOU_ will have fun :)
21:32 < mnemoc> _we_ will have fun
21:32 < madtux> mnemoc: yet i was lying i have svn write access now
21:33 < mnemoc> freshmeat announcemente was censored :(
21:33 < madtux> censored..
21:33 < madtux> ?
21:33 < madtux> why?
21:38 < mnemoc> http://freshmeat.net/projects/t2/?branch_id=38672&release_id=181818
21:41 < daja77> kde 3.2.1?
21:41 < mnemoc> err
21:42 < mnemoc> 3.3.2!
21:42 < madtux> :)
21:43 < mnemoc> :(
21:43 < mnemoc> damn copy paste
21:44 < mnemoc> aaaaarg.... i can't fix that!!
21:44 < madtux> mnemoc: its too late its already posted
21:44 < madtux> the entire comunity can see the little mistake now
21:44 < madtux> daja77: query?
21:44 < daja77> k.
21:45 < mnemoc> FSCK! FSCK! FSCK!
21:46 < madtux> mnemoc: relax man.. it won't happen again :)
21:57 < mnemoc> :(
22:43 < rxr> mnemoc: oh - kde might be my fault, hm?
22:43 < rxr> I think I made the same typo in my announcement to the list ... :-(
22:44 < madtux> ack.
22:44 < mnemoc> but i should have noticed it
22:46 < rxr> no problem
22:46 < rxr> so - cu soon
23:22 < rxr> re
23:22 < mnemoc> re rxr
23:22 < mnemoc> i'll have to use plain svn after all :\
23:22 < mnemoc> svnperl has a big leak
23:22 < mnemoc> so i can't merge :(
23:22 < rxr> ouh :-(
23:23 < rxr> author contacted ?
23:23 < mnemoc> wyep
23:23 < mnemoc> svk's author :)
23:23 < mnemoc> he gave me a patch from svn's trunk
23:23 < mnemoc> but it still leaking :\
23:24 < mnemoc> http://svn.geeks.cl/rock/local/t2/test/package/develop/subversion/svnperl-leak.patch <--- this patch
23:24 < rxr> frequence3 is cool ...
23:25 < mnemoc> what is fq3?
23:25 < mnemoc> aaa... your elevator music :)
23:26 < rxr> hehe
23:28 < rxr> ouhm - now it becomes a bit too techno ...
23:28 < mnemoc> punch punch punch punch
23:28 * rxr cut'n pasing more shoutcasst URLs
23:31 < mnemoc> rxr: what do you think about seting abort on fail and retry broken enable by default to avoid people screaming about not building kde when it was 1-gcc what really failed?
23:31 < rxr> yes - I thought about this ...
23:31 < rxr> yeah - maybe let it try it out
23:32 < rxr> we should fix many build errors then - quickly ...
23:32 < rxr> and keep trunk in a more compiling state then ever
23:32 < mnemoc> continue after a failure is kind of evil :)
23:32 < rxr> yes
23:33 < rxr> clifford added this in 1.7 IIRC due to too many new packages and too many failures
23:33 < mnemoc> more if the failure is on stagelevel < 2
23:33 < rxr> in history rock series like 1.2 or 1.4 it was the default
23:33 < rxr> hm
23:33 < mnemoc> ic
23:33 < rxr> maybe introducing a new option would be even better ...
23:33 < mnemoc> what option?
23:33 < rxr> Build on failure in bootstrap stages
23:34 < rxr> and only set this to yes ;-)
23:34 < mnemoc> in that case ignore abort_on_error on that stages
23:35 < rxr> or - to not create too many options - alter the option to "Abort on package errors stages higher than: "
23:35 < rxr> "Abort on package errors in stages higher than: "
23:35 < mnemoc> asking a number?
23:36 < mnemoc> that sound slow :)
23:36 < rxr> yes - default to 4 ?
23:36 < rxr> why ?
23:36 < mnemoc> Config is damn slow, a new 'popup' will make it even slower
23:36 < rxr> a popup makes it slower?
23:37 < rxr> I mean remove the current option and replace it with:
23:37 -!- madtux [~mike@200.91.101.100] has quit ["leaving"]
23:37 < rxr> "Abort when a package-build fails as of stage:"
23:37 < rxr> default 5
23:38 < rxr> so - foudn the final phrase ...
23:38 < rxr> ;-)
23:38 < rxr> what do you think
23:38 < mnemoc> a choice can be safer
23:38 < rxr> this is the merge of the existing option + the but only extended for the "build the toolchain or fail"
23:39 < mnemoc> will that number after 'rebuild broken'?
23:39 < rxr> hm ?
23:40 < rxr> damn - seems to be techno time at frequence3 ...
23:40 < mnemoc> no rebuild broken, if it aborted on stage $low, will be the same as ignore failures
23:41 < rxr> mnemoc: why do you mix rebuild broken in ?
23:41 < rxr> (I can not follow ...)
23:42 < mnemoc> i mean to be able to not rebuild broken only to stages where i'm able to continue (not abort)
23:42 < mnemoc> do you see the 'link'?
23:42 < rxr> you mean to adapt the Rebuld broken option accordingly ?
23:42 < mnemoc> yes
23:42 < rxr> to Rebuild broken in stages up to , or as of: $number ...
23:43 < rxr> well, sure, why not ;-)
23:43 * mnemoc feeling the pain of re-creating branches of remote trunk :(
23:44 < rxr> mnemoc: ?
23:45 < mnemoc> svk is not able to merge my stuff on my 'depots' because of that leak
23:45 < rxr> so you recheckout ?
23:46 < rxr> this might be extra slow because people DoS our server due to the announcement ...
23:46 < mnemoc> yes :\
23:47 < rxr> yep - there is a "hub" starting in the logs ...
23:54 < daja77> cdrecord: There are unsettled issues with Linux-2.5 and newer.
23:54 < daja77> cdrecord: If you have unexpected problems, please try Linux-2.4 or Solaris.
23:54 < daja77> what a bad joke ...
23:55 < mnemoc> o_O
23:57 < daja77> or Solaris. <- i like that part
23:57 < rxr> shilly is a slowlaris fan ..
23:58 < rxr> I consider patching some uglyness away from cdrecord ...
23:58 < rxr> e.g. this and the complaint that dev= is considered harmful and one should use the id*s.th.=x,y,z option ...
23:59 < daja77> he could say as well boot windows to burn cds, this is not helpful ...
23:59 < rxr> yep ..
--- Log closed Thu Dec 16 00:00:05 2004